What's Your Win For The Month? April 2021

Okay, where did April go to? Seriously?! It feels like only a week ago we were all sharing our wins for March :astonished:

What are your wins for April? No matter how big or small they might seem, share them here so we can celebrate with you :tada:

My wins for this month:

• Professional: have The Club work with Richard in a place where it can almost be set live.
  • Professional: did an actual handover (scary!) with Richard and Áine of what I do day to day so that there’s plenty of time to ask questions before I go out on leave.
  • Personal: My vegetable patch I planted last month is already starting to sprout up quite well. I also bought some more wildflower mixes to plant :crossed_fingers: they pop up!
4 Likes

Snap! We did the same. Also saved some poppy seed pods from last year which we dried out (tempted to make opium). Have speead them in our garden and neighbourhood :hibiscus:

2 Likes

Professional:

• had several conversations with my managers on QA resourcing. With my input they can start the recruitment process to get more people on board
  • received the gift from MoT for being the club Ninja last month :ninja_orange:

Personal:

• got my first Covid vaccination
  • built the frame for our outdoor bar in the garden
4 Likes

Professional:

• Started my new job and it’s going good so far!

Personal:

• I 100% completed Red Dead Redemption 2 :smiley:
  • Our plans for doing some major work to our house are progressing nicely.
4 Likes

Professional:

• Everything is ready to go for the next bootcamp which starts next week
  • Wrote company and product accessibility statements
  • Wrote a11y bug of the month for our monthly bug bashing party

Personal:

• Met friends for a drink for the first time in 20 months!
  • Drafted next months A11y With Ady for my blog
  • Drafted a talk for QABC about how I got into testing on 26th May
  • Removed a load of shrubs and roots ready for a new garden fence
4 Likes

Work:

• Lot of people are on vacations, I don’t get many tasks as usual so I had plenty of time to work on automation, to do some refactoring (fixing dumb things I did) :grinning:

Personal:

• I purchased Gothic 2 and started re-playing it after not playing it for over 15 years. It sucks me in so much, playing it feels like being “at home”. Maybe I should take a vacation too, to do some proper gaming :nerd_face:
4 Likes

Excited to see how this progresses, I remember you telling me about it when you first had the idea :grin:

Woop! Congratulations once again :tada: Delighted to hear it’s going well.

Nice one! Love seeing the positive influence you have around accessibility :heart:

This is the most funny and accurate description of refactoring I’ve seen in a long time :laughing: Love it!

2 Likes

Yea like having my assertions all backwards, but don’t tell anyone please! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Can we get monthly pictures to see the progress? :slight_smile:

My wins for this month:

• I said to myself to have more “online-activity” on MoT club and keep it up not just for a month.
  • started writing an article (first time)
  • doing more research about “edge cases”

Personal:

• just got myself a nintendo switch with pokemon snap :slight_smile:
4 Likes

I was thinking about this while waiting in the queue outside my sons school. Thinking about all the things that happened in April and how lucky and grateful I feel.

Then a bird pooped on my shoulder.

My win for April is ending it with gratitude and a laugh :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you @heather_reid :pray:

1 Like

Of course! I’ll grab some tomorrow :grin:

Well this has paid off quite well, hasn’t it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is supposed to be a sign of good luck apparently! Maybe time to do the lotto :wink:

3 Likes

First time post!

Wins for the Month:

• Professional: I posted on The Club for the first time
  • Professional: Finally did my first draft of my testing CV, and have sent to people for feedback
  • Professional: Successfully completed my 10 weeks in my current, non testing role covering for a senior member of staff. Thankful to be handing back on Tuesday, but have had some excellent feedback.
  • Personal: Sold our flat, bought a new house, and packed a lot of it away, just waiting on a moving date.

All in all, April 2021 has been pretty sucessful!

Kelly

4 Likes

My win for April 2021 was passing the ASTQB Certified Mobile Tester exam.

3 Likes

@kristof
https://twitter.com/heather_reiduff/status/1388491643196788740

Love to see it! Welcome :grin:

Congratulations Jon! :tada:

2 Likes