What's Your Win For The Week? 22nd Jan 2022

Have you got a win for this week? Share it here so the community can celebrate with you :cake:

My wins:
Professional

• Ran our first Thursday Testing Tea with @simon_tomes which I feel like was a huge success
  • Finished adding speakers from historic TestBashes to their talks in our back end so it’ll be easier to search :star_struck:

Personal

• Got past my anxiety of telling people I’m changing roles (was afraid of being judged) :muscle:

What win(s) do you have?

5 Likes

Some quick wins for me nothing major:

• Made some good program on cracking boxes on TryHackMe
  • Learned a lot about hash-cracking this week
  • Started playing some more online board games :star_struck:
  • Also setup a workshop of Mutation testing
  • Also going to create an exploration night of Chaos Monkey Testing in the future!

Looking forward to steganography boxes next week!

7 Likes

My Wins:
Professional

• Got ahead in the Team with a migration project allowing one of the team who is interested in a career in project management to own the project
  • had an offer accepted from a candidate to join our team
  • influenced a dev restructure to discuss wider implications with Product and QA teams

Personal

• Dog had his dental operation removing 7 teeth and he still tolerates my presence
  • My house has heating again
8 Likes

Had a very productive week at work. For me that is a win enough.
What probably helped that it was all tasks I like to do.
Also cutting down on alcoholic beverages on a school night helps; who knew

6 Likes

Personal:

• Got my Covid booster.
  • Continued to swim, walk, run, walk for triathlon training.

Professional:

• Hosting a Testing CoP at work - the wonderful @mikeharris joined us! Learned so much about Deming’s work.
  • Facilitated release testing - one very frustrating issue where we had to track down the root cause - lots of multi tasking.
  • I was open about the way I was feeling (quite exhausted towards the end of the week) - a mix of busy at work and a mild cold.
7 Likes

The highlight of my week was talking to SAGE Testing Tales about W. Edwards Deming’s work. Thank you @melissafisher for inviting me to speak.

6 Likes

The last week I experimented with telling a story to myself. In the meantime I was constantly changing words and sentences. I might call it exploratory story telling.

It is for a blog serie about accessibility and energy management.

6 Likes

Professional:

• Agree with the PO to have developers help more with testing, as the issues keep piling up, only a few days later there are 40% fewer tasks in the testing column!

Personal:

• There were some sales on Good Old Games, and I got myself some RPGs - mostly nostalgic purchases
4 Likes

Great to read all these wins. :muscle:t2::trophy:

My biggest win was enjoying the small community events @heather_reid and I get to experiment with. We’ve observed brilliant conversations which we hope have helped folks build connections, learn and reflect. They can have a short term impact yet ideally they create long term benefits for those in the community.

4 Likes