Working from home , headphone recommendations

With the working at home, I am looking for some headphones that have noise cancellation but also possible Bluetooth so I can listen to music and also join in calls when needed.

What are people’s recommendations?

Thanks!

4 Likes

What’s the price range your looking for? : P

2 Likes

ÂŁ50 to ÂŁ70 is a good starting point.

3 Likes

For that price range, it might be a push to get rock-solid noise cancellation. If you could stretch to £100 then Sennheiser’s have always been a reliable headphone of choice over the years for me.

Perhaps the HD-450-BT at ÂŁ99?

3 Likes

Thanks Simon, I don’t need solid noise cancellation as I’m at home by myself but when I can go into a coffee shop or need to work elsewhere then that’s where the need for noise cancellation comes in… I could always try the trick of using ear buds and the headphones over … Thanks for the tip. Will look at those

3 Likes

They look good @simon_tomes :+1::grin:

3 Likes

I had Sennheiser’s (can’t recall the exact model) headset a few years back, I think it was the most durable pair of headphones I ever owned!

3 Likes

Thanks. Looks like something to look for at Christmas sales :smiley:

3 Likes

I generally stick to the $50 to $100 dollar range, which is a similar range as your £50 to £70. I’m not enough of an audiophile to value the difference between the cheaper headphones and a nicer pair, especially when I’m using them via Bluetooth and I’m listening to streaming internet audio.

I really like the Anker Soundcore stuff. You didn’t mention if you wanted ear buds or over-the-ear, but I find the Life Q20 is good, especially for the £50 price-point. They also happen to be Wirecutter’s budget-pick for best noise-cancelling headphones.

I finally bit the bullet on Black Friday in the US and decided to get some true wireless headphones since I’ve been going back to the office and masks are required in indoor places in my state, so dealing with a mask and headphones was getting annoying. Stuck with Anker/Soundcore and got the Life A2 NC earbuds (and it looks like they’ve got a 25% off offer in the UK right now, which would make them £45) . The true wireless is super convenient (except for the time I accidentally dropped and kicked one under my desk), and the noise cancelling is surprisingly good.

2 Likes

Thanks @ernie I’ll take a look at those

1 Like

Hey @mike_123,

Did you end up buying a pair of headphones? :headphones:

1 Like

Not yet @simon_tomes as I had planned on the Sennheiser’s but they were sold out and new models are due in Jan 2022

3 Likes

I fully accept that these are an expensive choice. But I highly recommend bose nc700’s. My partner and I sit beside each other all day for work. The noise cancelling and mic only picking up the wearer are invaluable.

For us, they’re worth every penny

4 Likes

I recently got Sony Wireless Headphones WH-CH510 and I’m pretty happy with them. Pretty good quality and the price was nice, around 40 Euros. Batteries last a very long time, people near you don’t hear the sound coming out of your headphones, are pretty comfortable, and support hands-free phone calls.

2 Likes

Some great options. Thanks everyone.
Some further research needed this weekend :slight_smile:

3 Likes