Would you be up for a Monthly Racket Club?

@maaike.brinkhof I think I have seen the same surprise :heart: (these weren’t me, I promise!)

1 Like

I remember seeing a youtube channel that existed as a vlog, this guy had like no subscribers and only one or two views every day - I learned a lot about audience and purpose just from analysing what went on there. Sadly, I’m going to sound like the party pooper, but basically they own your content, and they own you, and like youtube gradually did with the revenue model, what happens if racket gradually turns your hard work into theirs?

As a fun experiment, I do think racket is grand, and inspiring and a good way to touch new people in new ways. …but worry that it may distract people from wider interaction if there is no clear goal. Everything creates a small vacuum when it moves quickly.

3 Likes

Alright I’ll join! Made a racket myself now :wink:

Question to all Racketeers: What is the most insane bug you ever found! :wink:

6 Likes

I created my account too and am already thinking about topics I want to talk about…

I also imagine some sort of evolving mind map to visualise who has created a “Racket” with whom and on what topic. I think a visual representation of our connections and conversations would be interesting.

I think that’s a great idea. As a way to expand our network, we could also say that you can’t do a Racket with the same person twice in a row. You’d have to reach out to new people. Leads to new insights and new relations :slight_smile:

For those wanting to follow me, you can find me here:

6 Likes

Hello there!

That’s a great idea to have quick chats on different topics of testing with a lot of interesting people.
I’m in!

Here is my link to Racket @al8xr (currently I am on a waitlist)

I can talk about technical testing, automation (UI, API, microservices, other systems), distributed systems, leading a team, education in testing, public speaking,

5 Likes

Please add me @zaphodikus | Racket

6 Likes

I literally have so much excitement right now. It’s great to hear voices of all the amazing people in the test community.
Up for being involved in any experiments. @fishoutthebox | Racket

5 Likes

I’ve created an account @darktelecom and my first Racket will be about Quality and happiness :slight_smile: but for that I need some followers, so counting on you all :wink:
Looking forward to see how this goes!

2 Likes

Consider yourself followed!

1 Like

I created mine @annelaure_gaillard | Racket waiting 10 people…

2 Likes

Correct, so far browser only. There are also loads of obviously missing features. But it appears to be early days and developing quickly.

2 Likes

Guys ! this thread is genious although the extremely busy week, I put everything stand by and I write this article about it where I referenced this thread and all the story behind. Let me know your feedback about it ?

Also another thing, I did the second racket about me and how I joined the word of software testing + being at conferences ! (I wrote about it before in Mot website and now it’s live wit more or less details :rofl: Community Stories: From TestSphere Cards to MoT Meetup Organiser | MoT)

1 Like

Love this idea Simon! I’ve just got on Racket today and had a few conversations with some great testers already.

The amazing @bethtestleadleeds spoke to me about API testing:

The Test Doctor @danielbilling debriefed his appearance with AigleTD friends, on Security Testing:

And The Pirate Tester, Lee spoke to me about community engagement:

1 Like

Is anyone also scared to publish since there is no “preview” of your racket? XD

2 Likes

It’s me :crazy_face: it was challenging how I cross the barrier to make 2 !

• first one: I prepared some written notes to avoid that feeling of ohh I forget this and that …
  • second I took the courage to make it spontaneously and publish it
  • third no fixed plan yet :sweat_smile:; but a random plan about doing one in pair to make it more interactive

Review can lead to delete and more more time consuming (because we are testers and we test ourselves :beetle::sweat_smile::beetle:)

1 Like

I just joined.

Not sure what I’ll post about. But would appreciate a couple of follows so I can get off the waitlist :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

First recording I even had the same nerves as I have when I’m just about to do a presentation for a large group. First time I just stared at the screen for a good minute, not being able to push that button xD

It gets better, though. I’ve got three Rackets out now (not test related, though. Want to start on those somewhere this week, maybe even today) and it gets a lot easier for myself.

1 Like

lmao this morning I was really hit by the limitations of the platform.

You can’t proof-hear so I published my racket to then find out there was no sound. I clicked “edit”, hoping to find a delete option there, but you can only delete them from the page where you see all your recordings.

Had to do over the recording, but the funniest bug story is finally live

4 Likes

That’s an amazing idea, Just joined and definitely will add some rackets there

3 Likes

This is fantastic…please count me in:

3 Likes