Greetings from London

Hi guys,

I am Ruben and I live in London. I went through a 3 month course bootcamp from Sep 2018 to December 2018 and I have been working as an SDET consultant since January 2019. I am currently placed with an insurance company where I do manual and automated testing (C#).

I do enjoy Testing but I am also considering web development at the moment. I quite like javascript and php as languages. At the end of this year I will be start looking for a new challenge and I am keeping my options opened in terms of what I want to do as I am still trying to figure it out and learn and gain experience.

Outside work, I am learning web development using Laravel (and VueJS) and in terms of testing I want to learn Cypress as I would like to move away from c#

I hope to learn a lot from all of you :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome @rubenfppinto we have a few meetup groups in London that you might want to check out run by @bangser.a @swanny & @testingmuse :grin:

:tada: Thanks for the tag @heather_reid :smiley:

Welcome to the community @rubenfppinto. As Heather said, @testingmuse and I help host the Essentials meetup in London. We have just kicked off our 4th (!!) season of this type of meetup. We meet once a month on the 2nd Monday of the month. Our meetup is a bit different where we have more structure and more hands on activities to learn about testing in a safe space with other practitioners both entry level and experienced. Whether you decide to go into testing as a full role or lean more towards development I think the topics we cover could be awesome for you. We post meetups here and the one for March should be going up in the next day or two.

Hope you see you around town!

@heather_reid @bangser.a thank you so much guys. I am already in the group :slight_smile: Mondays might be a bit tricky depending on the time, because I work outside London, but I would love to attend an event.