ISTQB fountain level (CTFL)

Recommendations to prepare for the ISTQB fountain level (CTFL) exam?

U.S. based if that matters

1 Like

foundation.
To err is human, to forgive - seems to require autocorrelation and a computer.

Welcome to the community @celeste , pretty much like every other thread here one the matter says, do a mock exam, approach like any other test, get your employer to pay for it, and relax. Because failing it the first time does not mean you are not any good at what you do. It’s a wrote learning exercise.

2 Likes

Read the official syllabus many times, practice with mock exams as @conrad.connected mentioned, also practice those exercises for calculating equivalence partitions and boundary values, as those questions carry a lot of points in the exam.

There is also a book, with several authors which is less dry than the syllabus and easier to read:

Other than that I saw a couple of ISTQB CTFL courses on Udemy and Pluralsight also relatively recently added the ISTQB certification path with several courses in it. Udemy courses are generally a lot longer and since Udemy is less strick on who can publish a course there, it’s important to go trough the reviews before buying.

1 Like

There’s been lots of great discussions on this topic before.
I’d recommend having a look through those.

https://club.ministryoftesting.com/search?q=istqb

2 Likes

One good way of preparing for the exam is to practice with sample exams. Here I invite you to test yourself against 3 complete sets prepared by me -
https://www.udemy.com/course/practice-testing-foundation-exams/

Special offer to this community - use the coupon 36F8BEC5706A867F840E to obtain access to these practice exams for FREE.
The coupon is valid till end of January 14.

1 Like

If your motivation for taking the exam is to learn about software testing, I would recommend a number of better alternatives:

If there are other reasons, I’d be happy to better understand them and potentially suggest some alternatives on those aspects as well–I don’t believe the ISTQB exams are actually good or necessary, and can actually hinder one’s ability to develop a good testing mindset.

1 Like