What would you like to celebrate about October?

Congratulations to us. We made it to November. :muscle:

Let’s take a moment to celebrate with each other.

I’d like to celebrate hosting an in-person event called TestBashX Bucks. It was quite the last-minute thing to do and it seemed to go well. And I happened to have a load of fun too! A privilege to host such an excellent community event. I’d also like to celebrate all the attendees who got stuck in with all the activities during the day. There was such a buzz!

:trophy: What happened in October that you’d like to celebrate? Big, small, or somewhere between, feel free to share here.

2 Likes

My lovely new boss said there are three team members he could not stand to lose, and I’m one of them.

AND I got a big tax rebate!

3 Likes

related to testing: Moved from a dev manager, managing day to day for a cross functional team of developers and testers, back into a test manager role with a focus on moving the test team forward and developing the department over the long term.

unrelated to testing: My short film, that I assumed would never get picked up by any film festivals, showed at Toronto After Dark in front of a 500+ seat theatre that was almost packed and I was there to introduce the film. It’s also shown at four other festivals in Nova Scotia, Ontario, Alberta, and British Columbia (so far).

6 Likes

I spoke at an in-person conference and wrote a few articles. Right now I’m taking it a bit easy with the side projects so I can have more personal free time to play with my son and to have some alone time in the evening, so I can chill and bing-watch TV shows :smiley:

4 Likes

did I mention I selfpublished a book? https://leanpub.com/goatsbook/

Here’s my story on how I did it :

/Jesper

5 Likes

Whoah! October came and went so fast.
There was a mini reorganisation at the company, and I had to fight my corner for what I’m doing. Luckily that got recognised.
And on the private front, friends from New Zealand finally came to visit us, after a 2 year delay

4 Likes

Well that’s great, @jon_thompson . Nice work!

That’s incredible, @davidshute. I imagine that was a huge buzz and boost.

Lovely stuff, @mirza

A book written and launched in such a short space of time. Many congrats, @jesper. Here’s to it landing on many people’s reading lists.

Solid. :muscle:t2: Nice one, @pmichielsen.

2 Likes